Children’s Residential Support Worker
Salary: £19 – 22K a year
Exciting career opportunities has risen with Happy Group Ltd (HGL). We are looking for Residential Support Workers to work within our mixed gender Children’s Homes. The homes are registered for young people aged 8 years to 17 years.
This is a fantastic opportunity, working for an established regional Children’s Organisation with incredible career progression, offering stability, staff care, funded training and support to gain relevant skills and qualifications.
Overall Purpose of Role
To provide an effective service to young people within the context of the Organisations policies and procedures. To work as a member of the team. To provide care, guidance, control and support to the young people with violent & aggressive behaviours, disabilities and/or complex health care needs and in appropriate cases, to work with their families or carers.
Requirements of the post
- Preferably a Level 3 Diploma Children’s Workforce in Residential Childcare or equivalent
- Experience with working with young people preferably in a residential home
- Experience of working with service users with low self-esteem and challenging behaviours
- Supporting staff with young people with complex needs, including health needs and interventions (including medication administration)
- Committed to the vision of working to the ethos and culture of HGL
- To work on a rota basis 365 days a year, (inc. weekends/Bank Holiday)
Expected Start Date: 01/10/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent